At SafarPass, we understand the needs of privacy and safety. We consider our clients’ trust as one of our most valuable assets. Therefore, we want to do the utmost for your data to ensure it’s safe with us.
This document describes how we collect and use the data concerning the use of our services. We keep it simple and easy to understand, as our company has been built on openness and our services on trust. Here you will also find our contact information in case you would need any further assistance.
SafarPass provide business process outsourcing services in the areas of travel and expense management using modern technology solutions.
Our expense management services allow the client to capture, track and store his business expenditure receipts, as well as to generate and submit for approval the expense reports derived from those receipts, which are uploaded via either web, e-mail and/or mobile applications.
Our travel management services allow the client to use our web pages, mobile applications and call center. This policy applies to all the platforms you can use to get access to our services and all the data we collect using those platforms.
This policy may change when the applicable legislation changes or if we decide to extend our services. Please visit this page regularly to be kept up-to-date.
What kind of information we collect
Information provided by you or your employer
Depending on the services you or your employer has selected, we collect some specific information about you.
To provide you with the best available accommodation and transportation we need to know certain things about you, like your first name, last name, ID document number, contact detail; sometimes also your date of birth can be asked, in order to process the booking.
In order to perform our expense management services, we may also receive and store the following information about you: scanned expense receipts.
Use of our services does not always require users to fill in or upload sensitive personal data. In order to avoid unnecessary exposure, we ask you to make sure that sensitive personal data are not filled in or uploaded to your account (intentionally or accidentally) in any form as photos, notes or other if it is not necessary.
Information we collect automatically when you use our services
When you use our services we also collect certain information automatically like your IP address, browser type and version or mobile device data and local settings, e.g. language; activity on our website, including the pages you visited and searches you made.
What is the purpose of data collection
We need our users and travelers’ data to provide our services to them: searching for hotels and rates available, booking rooms or tickets, managing expenses, creating and transmitting expense reports or any other service we provide and to improve our services for our clients.
We also use your contact information to inform you about any changes to trip itineraries, any actions waiting for you in the system or any new features and services available.
How long do we store your data
Personal data is gathered for a specific purpose and stored also for a specific purpose. The overall rule we apply is that we will delete all the data within 6 months after the end of the year when the data is no longer needed for any purpose.
Please be aware that there are various purposes for which we gather and later process your personal data. We take into consideration all those purposes and have defined a data retention period for each category of the personal data.
With whom do we share your data
SafarPass provides users with the platform that gives you access to multiple different service providers (accommodation & transportation). We need to share your data with them for the purpose of managing your expenses or your trip bookings.
Of course, we might have to share the information with the competent authorities if the applicable legislation so requires.
How we secure the data
We use appropriate technical and operational measures (e.g. data encryption, security audits,, hashing, etc.) to secure information collected by SafarPass to be compliant with all applicable regulations regarding personal data protection and our contractual obligations.
When providing our services, we only engage subcontractors, parent or subsidiary companies which adhere to equivalent rules on the protection of personal data in line with EU regulations.
You have a right to review the information we collect about you. It is available in your profile and you can always ask for a proper data record by emailing us.
You can always contact us if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used. Please email or write to us using the contact details below.
Who is responsible for data processing
2406 Al Sila Tower, Abu Dhabi Global Market Square
Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Information you provide us or your employer provides us
SafarPass needs a set of data to perform their services for you i.e. your first name, last name, e-mail address, sometimes date of birth. We also encourage you to provide us with contact details, document details, loyalty cards and the information about your special rates and benefit programs you want to use, as well as your trip preferences.
Purpose of data processing
We use the information collected about users and travelers for providing and improving the travel management services we offer. We can use it for:
- Booking trips: this is the most important reason for collecting your data when you are using the travel module. It is necessary to properly search for, book and later on manage your trip (book hotel, issue air). This is our core business and purpose.
- Managing expenses: this is the main reason for the collection of your data when you are using our expense management module. It is necessary to recognize your expenses, letting you report them.
- Customer service: we offer you 24/7 support in Arabic & English languages. Availability of your data is necessary to help you if you need it. We can provide various support services such as helping you with the booking, resolving issues with the SafarPass platform, supporting you in communication with hotel etc.
- Providing user access: the SafarPass platform and applications requires proper authentication and authorization. Your data is used to manage the user account on our platform. Using the account, you can manage your reservations, set up your profile, manage your company or TMC and use all other features of the system.
- Marketing: we use your data for marketing and training purposes:
- We use contact data to send information about products and services.
- We use collected data to personalize search results in the SafarPass platform and applications and to recognize you when you visit or return to our website, so we can show you ads or other content tailored to your preferences;
- Communication with users and travelers: we might contact you using phone, e-mail, SMS or an instant messaging platform. We collect the communication between you and us and we will use your data to:
- Recognize you when you contact us or enter the SafarPass platform or application
- Solve all the issues raised by you or services providers
- Notify and remind you about all the tasks and actions you might be interested on the platform.
- Ask you for an opinion.
- Send you vouchers, trip itineraries, summaries of your trips.
- Send you important alert.
- Legal needs: if some cases your data can be used to solve any legal dispute or administrative proceeding.
Cookies and other tracking tools
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or other device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognize you and can then tailor what you see on the screen.